NVIS Filtering Components
Cevians custom developed a range of NVIS filtering components, establishing the industry standard for compliance to MIL-STD-85762. Components are made of monolithic glass, polymers, or composites. Material absorption and chromaticity are tailored to optimize light source efficiencies for integration in MIL-P-7788 illuminated panels and keyboards.
In production since 1984, components have been integrated into any NVIS compatible aircraft in the free world.
Incadescent lamps to LED
Cevians has a broad array of standard components to filter sub-miniature and miniature incandescent light bulbs as well as a number of surfaces mount white LEDs. The components are compatible with multiple types of adhesive for full material compatibility when installed in MIL-P-5425 Acrylic panels. They are highly heat resistant and outlast all light source life. Most standard sizes are available from inventory.
- Meets MIL-STD-3009 for incandescent and LED light sources
- Wide operating temperatures ranging from -55° to 105°C
- Compliant for use in MIL-P-7788 illuminated panels
- Customizable absorption characteristics from 380 nm to 930 nm
- High photopic transmission up to 29% for LED
- NVIS compliant, low radiance, MIL-STD-3009
- Machinable and moldable materials to custom shapes and sizes, ring, and bathtub shapes
- Custom injection moldable polymer
- Integrated reflector
- Compatible with standard adhesive families, epoxides, acrylates, and urethanes
- P/N F-YYYY-XXX-C
- P/N F-YYYY-XXX
Cevians has been defining sub-miniature and miniature incandescent light bulbs since 1980. Below is a table resuming our filtering capabilities depending on the component dimensions as defined in the schema.
Based on white LED x=y=0.333
NR @ 0.1 fl