Molecular Design for Military Standards
Cevians has developed a vast number of uniquely modified polymeric chains to provide singular photochemical performance in polymer materials that can complement or replace glass-based products. The materials have specific attenuation capability in the near-infrared and infrared spectrum. They are widely used as absorbing materials of CCFL, LED, and OLED light sources in order to meet the chromaticity and radiance requirements of MIL-STD-3009.
The manufacturing flexibility provided by polymers expands the use of custom optical formulations when complex geometries or particular requirements- like impact resistance or weight- are beyond the performance capabilities of glass materials.
Synthesized in California
Cevians has a wide range of complex organic chemical formulations that are synthesized in our laboratory in California. These formulations are combined into a series of polymers that include thermoplastics containing carbon groups that entail transesterification from BPA and diphenyl carbonate, polymethyl methacrylate, or other specialty polymer resins.
Material chemical structure and optical performance are designed to satisfy particular requirements including NVIS radiance, NVIS chromaticity, optical performance, mechanical resistance, and photostability in specific environmental conditions.
The materials are offered in films, sheets, or finished forms. The materials can also be coated using proprietary processes to increase surface resistance, reduce specular or diffuse reflection, or even to create conductive thin-film layers.
Small to Large Volume Demand
Cevians’ polymer materials are foundational to some of the most renowned components in our optical product portfolio and include the high performance, high transmission VKK NVIS film technology. Products can be rapidly developed from our large inventory of existing formulations or developed from the modification of molecular structures in a number of aromatic and non-aromatic chemistries including dithiolene, azo porphyrin, and phthalocyanine molecules— some with various precious metal ligands. Cevians’ manufacturing infrastructure can support small to large volume demand.
- NVIS Compliance to MIL-STD-3009
- Various standard sizes and thickness from 0.012” to 0.250”
- Custom formulations and sizes
- Absorption from 300 to 1um with up to OD 7 in the NIR
- Modified polycarbonate chain, urethane, and PMMA
- Thin-films, sheets, and molded components
- Customized formulation
- Materials can be injection molded, film extruded, formed, machined, or cast
- Post-processing, including hard coats, conductive ITO, anti-reflective, anti-glare coatings, and oleophobic coatings, CNC machining, silkscreening, microlaser lens forming
- Manufacturing infrastructure supports low and high volume productions.
- Green A
- Green B
- Yellow and Red
Yellow and Red