Defining industry benchmarks
Leveraging 50 years of presence in avionic cockpit lighting we provide the ultimate display solutions. Cevians has rapidly become the fastest-growing privately owned company offering fully customized TFT-LCDs. Our highly vertically integrated technological foundation, from material science, thin-film coatings, optical designs, electronics and electro-mechanical designs to system engineering, makes Cevians’ capabilities and product offerings truly unique and the natural partner for Tier 1 OEMs.
Understanding the diverse industry ecosystem, we offer the level of product that integrates perfectly in each customer’s base model, from supplying custom TFT-LCD to LCD modules, display head assemblies (DHA), and fully ruggedized display systems. This flexible strategy allows our customers to efficiently use their resources for core competencies.
Understanding the industry diverse ecosystem, Cevians offer the level of products that integrate perfectly in each of its customer business models; from supplying simple custom TFT-LCD to LCD modules and Display Head Assemblies (DHA). This flexible product strategy allows Cevians’ customers to efficiently achieve their buy-make goals. Custom design products also minimizes supply chain risks associated with rapid and continuous obsolescence cycles of commercially available off-the shelf products.
- Spectrophotometers, 175nm to 3.3um, 8 absorbent levels, variable slit width to 0.01nm minimal noise and stray light with double littrow monochromator, Schwarzschild coupling optics for high accuracy at low transmission levels, automatic goniometer for multiple angle measurements
- High sensitivity, high-speed, spectrometers, thermoelectrically cooled detectors, low stray light, 200-1,200nm with a high quantum efficiency
- Thermoelectric cooled spectrometer, near-infrared range up to 1,700nm, high resolution 1.7nm, high signal to noise ratio >1,500:1, low stray light <1.2%
- Automated goniometer spectrometers
- High speed, automated large area spectrometer, 200-1,200nm, <2 min, 36 points measurements
- Imaging colorimeter, cooled CCD sensor, 1,000,000:1 dynamic range, pixel array 4250 x 2838, luminance detection as low as 0.000 02 cd/m2, luminance repeatability within +/0.03%
- Photometric camera
- Automated large surface spectrophotometer
- Night vision goggles
- Haze meter, gloss meter
- Integrating spheres
- High ambient light contrast measurement, MIL-L-85762A
- Solar radiation MIL-STD-810, Method 505.5 Procedure I, cyclic exposure, and Procedure II non-cyclic for actinic effects evaluation.
- Thermal shock, MIL-STD-810G. METHOD 503.5-7, Mil-Std 202G
- Thermal cycle, MIL-STD-883, 1010.8, Method 501.6,502.6
- Humidity method 507.6
- Altitude method 500.5-6 to 80,000 ft
- Salt fog method 509.6
- Electromagnetic compatibility MIL-STD-461G
- Abrasion ASTM D4060 - 19
- Scratch test ASTM D7027 – 20, ASTM G171 - 03(2017), ASTM C1624
- Impact resistance ASTM D256, ASTM D1822, ISO 7665-1, ASTM D5420-16
- Ball drop ASTM F3007 - 19
- Surface tension tensiometer, Young-Laplace equation, ASTM D971
- Immersion Method 512.6
- Peel strength actuation force ASTM D1876, ASTM D903-16
- Fluid contamination method 504.2
- Rain Method 506.6
- Fungus Method 508.7
- Sand and Dust Method 510.6
- Explosive Atmosphere Method 511.6
- Acceleration Method 513.7
- Vibration Method 514.7
- Acoustic Noise Method 515.7
- Shock Method 516.7
- Gunfire Shock Method 519.7
- Ballistic Shock Method 522.2
- Vibro-Acoustic/Temperature Method 523.4
- Mechanical Vibrations of Shipboard Equipment (Type I – Environmental and Type II – Internally Excited) Method 528.1
- OCR, automated process, thermal cure or UV cure, high precision bond thickness control.
- Materials available include custom modified acrylate, silicone, urethane, polyepoxides.
- OCA, automated pre-treatment and bonding process, silicones, urethanes and acrylates
- Surface treatment for high bond stress in extreme environmental conditions
- No Mura bond
- Processes suitable for glass-glass and glass-polymer bonds, compatible with thin film coatings
- Typical sizes range up to 27” for most processes and as large as 46” for specific materials
AMLCD Glass Fabrication
- Custom array design, aSi, and LTPS TFT, resolution up to 450 DPI
- TN or latest generation in-plane switching
- 0.3 to 0.7 mm glass substrate
- High transmission
- Custom color filter, 72% NTS
- Custom polarization orientation and film compensation
- Low specular reflection, < 0.7% with custom black mask geometry optical front film stack
- Wide temperature anisotropic liquid crystal fluid, clearing point >107 degree
- Custom cell gap construction
- Custom finish, chamfers, minimal non-active area
- Custom display interface board, with gamma control, health status, FPGA based
- Open selection of gate ICs
- Chip on glass or chip on flex
- Standard-fill or ODF
- Low minimum order quantity
- Low development cost
- Generation 3.5 fabrication factory
- Made in Japan
Clean Manufacturing Environment
- Clean rooms, ISO 14644-1 Class ISO 3 and ISO 4
- Laminar flow clean stations, ISO 14644-1 ISO 5
- Automated aqueous ultrasonic clean line, multiple tanks, large capacity
- Dust-free surface modification treatment
- Mentor Graphics PADS-professional
- MTBF MIL-Handbook--217F prediction software
- Zemax OpticStudio, OpticsBuilder
- GO-Optical simulation, transmission, chromaticity radiance
- Software Spectra, TFCalc
- Design to MIL-STD-1472, DO-160, MIL-STD810, MIL-STD-3009, MIL-L-85762, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, IP68, MIL-STD-202
- Ascalaph designer molecule designs
- Spartan-chemical structure
Display Products FAQ
What type of optical bonding materials do you use?
We customize our products at the molecular level with commercially available, internally modified, or fully customized formulations. There are a number of core chemistries involved in the optical bonding processes to optimize the performance of the products for specific applications. We strategically select liquid and dry bonding materials in a number of material families, including epoxide, urethane, silicone, and acrylate.
Can you provide customized AMLCDs?
Cevians develops AMLCDs in accordance with proven guidelines of its manufacturing partner’s capabilities. The AMLCD is designed for specific resolutions, pixel size, color, sizes, finishes, thickness, driving electronics. We design and manufacture aSi and LTPS TFT for sizes up to 24”x24” on a state-of-the-art GEN 3.5 manufacturing facility.
Can you achieve >10:1 contrast in high-sunlight environments?
Cevians has pioneered high contrast display performance for decades. The company has been involved in early technology developments since CRT displays were integrated in cockpits. With persistent and groundbreaking innovation, Cevians continues to elevate performance specifications for the most advanced cockpit systems, including the F-35.
Are Cevians’ products designed and manufactured in the US?
Yes, Cevians is certified ISO 9001-2015:AS9100D for the design, manufacturing, and servicing of all of its products. Cevians’ highly vertically integrated organization guarantees products that are made in the US, with the design and manufacturing processes performed in our Montreal and Costa Mesa offices.
Do you perform environmental qualifications internally?
Cevians has a number of testing capabilities including temperature, temperature shock, humidity, salt, fog, solar radiations, and impact testing. Other tests such as electromagnetic interference, vibration, and explosive atmosphere are performed at local partners’ laboratories.