NVIS Thin-Film Coatings
Cevians specializes in high-performance thin-film coatings for complex NVIS applications. We custom design thin-film coatings with high count layers controlled with unparalleled precision using custom coating chambers and optical monitoring.
Cevians optimizes thin-film coating strategy for specific requirements by leveraging the advantages of many of the latest coating technologies and equipment. This includes plasma sputtering, physical evaporation deposition, ion-assisted deposition, and large-area automated optical measuring.
Any Scale Production
Cevians’ infrastructure is such that it can easily and rapidly support small to large volume production and perform to optical, mechanical, and environmental qualifications.
Custom high layer count thin-film deposition coatings are developed to maximize visible light transmission and provide sharp cut-offs within 3nm. Ultra-accuracy and repeatability on cut-off position within +/0.4%. Large glass coating uniformity designed for large-area displays (LAD) with uniform attenuation in the NIR spectrum over wide viewing angles.
Custom designed to specific requirements, including high durability, military standard rugged environments, humidity, temperature, and abrasion. Our NVIS thin-film coatings are stable in high and low temperatures with no shift in attenuation characteristics.
Defining NVIS Standards
Cevians’ product for color displays sets the requirements for MIL-L-85762A. With over 25 years of high-performance optical filters in aerospace applications, Cevians products have been in service in the most demanding applications including UH-60, F-35, B-52, Eurofighter, F-22, AH-64, Stryker, MRAP, and numerous others.
From the Inventors of NVIS Technologies
Cevians not only designed and produced the first interference NVIS filters for CRT and LCDs but also pioneered BlackBackground™ technologies which led to new standards adopted by the U.S. Navy. Readily available, standard coated glass.
- MIL-STD-3009, MIL-L-85762A, and BlackGround™ requirements
- Products can be as large as 452 square inches.
- Experience with sodalime borosilicate and optical filter glasses
- Optical thin-film coatings 0.3 – 1um microns
- Up to 99% passband transmission and OD 7 blocking over detector range
- High uniformity over large surfaces
- Low sensitivity to angles of incidence (AOI)
- Environmental stability, no shift with humidity and temperature variation
- Durability MIL-C-48497A and Environmental MIL-STD-810F & MIL-STD-883
- Filter performance stable across temperature range -55°C to 150°C and thermal shock
*Based on backlight source .33,.33
**Assumes no fluorescence in LCD
***Typical IPS TFT-LCD, NTSC 72%