We are uniquely equipped to design and manufacture TFT-LCDs for highly bespoke specifications. Our team designs customized pixel patterns, resolutions, mask arrays, glass dimensions, polarizers, retarders, and TFT driving electronics.
Our exclusive relationship with Kyocera Display in Japan allows for unprecedented collaboration of research and development, guaranteeing access to state-of-the-art TFT manufacturing at the Kyocera facility in Yasu, Japan. Using a Gen 3.5 manufacturing infrastructure, the product line is versatile in its ability to support both LTPS and aSi technologies.
Custom display interface boards (DIBs) are available for bespoke TFT-LCD orders. This critical electronic component provides signals to the LCD glass integrated row and column drivers. Our DIBs include built-in-tests to report abnormal system functions on a high-reliability field-programmable gate arrays (FPGA) platform. These self-monitoring capabilities are essential in safety-critical applications and are a part of hardware design strategies to satisfy any RTCA DO-254 requirements.
Cevians manufacturing infrastructure is perfectly dimensioned for products of 20”x20” or smaller with low to high volume demand fulfillment capabilities. Our close collaboration and integrated engineering development practices result in the lowest minimal upfront tooling cost and minimum order requirements in the industry.
Cevians’ capabilities include designing aSi or low-temperature Poly Silicone in-plane switching technologies or TN. We also customize color filters to optimize the chromaticity of the final product for a given backlight spectral characteristic.
- Custom size: 4.8” to 28.1” diagonal
- Custom glass finish, chamfer, radii, blackened edge
- Custom color filter design, including Cevians patented VKK NVIS compatible chemistry
- Chromaticity, 72%+ NTSC
- Resolution, pixel density of 160ppi aSi and 445ppi for LTPS
- In-plane switching (IPS) or TN technology with film compensation
- Low reflection black mask, Cd free, RoHs and REACH compliant
- Low specular reflection polarizer and black-masked conductors R<0.95%
- Controlled diffusion front layers R<0.1%
- Ruggedized, dense glass column spacer designs
- Robust glass construction, 0.5mm or 0.7mm
- High-temperature nematic fluids, T>105°C
- Ruggedized mechanical assembly features, row and column driver chips, and flex connection
- Custom pixel defect requirements
- Signal redundancy
- System design in accordance with design assurance up to level A in accordance with RTCA DO-254
- MIL-STD-810 for military ground and airborne applications, high vibration, and 50,000-foot high altitude
- All standard and custom LCDs are available with bonded heater glass, AR coverglass, EMI glass, and NVIS backlighting
- BIT testing and reporting
- Custom outline dimensions with chamfered corners
- Oleophobic front surface
- Low latency
- High brightness >350 ftL
- Low capability dimming down to 0.1 ftL
- Sunlight readability to MIL-L-85762, high contrast >10:1
- NVIS compliant to MIL-STD-3009
- BlackBackground compliant
- Minimal single point of failure with integrated redundancy
- MTBF MIL-HBK-217F plus of 30,000 hours
- Non-ITARS restricted