The individual in the role of Vice President, Optical Products will support the business development activities of Cevians’ successful Optical Products line and position it for future growth. It is an opportunity to join a dynamic team of recognized talent in a well-established and reputable organization that has been the leader in Night Vision Material Sciences for over 30 years.
The mandate is to maintain Cevians dominant market position while deploying strategic growth strategies that will result in double-digit CAGR of revenue over the next 5 years. This shall be achieved by expanding current product offering to existing markets and aggressively developing position in new markets.
The Vice President, Optical Products is responsible for defining and implementing product strategies and business development plans to achieve Cevians’ long term objectives. This includes supporting a well-established product portfolio and a large world-wide customer base, and also developing product road maps, research and development plans, new product strategies, market analysis, financial planning and leading the sales and marketing activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish and execute business development strategies and coordinate all activities to achieve BU financial objectives, 5 years strategic plan
- Manage engineering resources including research and development activities
- Manage business development and sales resources to success
- Develop and lead to execution marketing activities such as collateral material development, select trade shows and product promotion campaign
- Provide technical support to internal and external sales team
- Perform presentation to customers
- Quantify and qualify business development opportunities
- Prepare bid financial summaries including capture strategies
- Review and direct product pricing
- Lead the review and negotiation of contractual agreements
- Be the ultimate representative to each customer accounts and provide leadership to Cevians’ functional areas; QA, manufacturing and procurement
- Understand market dynamics, customers profile, needs and business models
- Perform sales and margin projections
- Monitor suppliers and customers landscape and informally maintain SWOT analysis
- Identify and recommend acquisition opportunities that would support the BU strategies
- Define marketing and sales strategies and personally participate in business development activities including customer visits, trade shows, contract negotiation and promotional activities
- Direct research and development activities providing technical leadership
- Provide technical guidance and leadership in design and manufacturing engineering
- Develop and maintain key partners relationships
- Monitor and recommend organizational, material and human resource needs
- Define the human and material needs required to support the BU strategic plans.
The Vice-President is expected to bring proven leadership success, preferably at Business Unit, or at General Manager-level and possess strong customer and supplier relationships.
The most attractive background includes moderate volume manufacturing of highly-engineered aerospace optical, material sciences, display components and assemblies for OEM and aftermarket customers.
Ideally, the selected candidate will have proven sales, marketing, and engineering skills and demonstrated success in upper management roles with full P&L responsibilities.
An established history of positive interaction with customers and managing staff is mandatory. The ability to operate in a highly multiplexed environment with high level of uncertainty is essential. A solid technical foundation, normally acquired by a technical degree, is essential and an MBA is preferred. Technical expertise in the field of thin film deposition coatings, material sciences, aerospace and defense, , optical components is a definitive advantage.
The position is particularly well suited for a successful professional that has the desire to relive the successes as part of a dynamic, small, but well-established organization. A candidate that is willing to be engaged on multiple fronts in a nimble structure with a bias to action.
- 12+ years of experience ideally advancing from engineering, program management, business development.
- Proven success in applying technological innovation, creative and able to develop a vision
- Hands-on leader who has formed, coached and led teams to success.
- Strong technical knowledge and demonstrated ability to exercise business judgement
- Demonstrated leadership and strong inter-personal skills
- Patient with the ability to manage complex situations and manage making decisions in an information scarce environment