We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Electronics Engineer to support the Displays division of the company. The Electronics Engineer has a multifaceted role that is responsible for supporting many parts of the organization including Sales, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing. This position will need to coordinate with the Electrical Engineering team in our Montreal office and execute upon planned activities between the two locations.
The Senior Electronics Engineer will play a critical role in the organization by providing expertise on supporting the design and manufacturing of electronic components for the Displays business unit. The Senior Electronics Engineer will be responsible for supporting the design and selection of electronics for new and existing products. The role will require the individual to build and assemble working display prototypes while also supporting work instruction documentation for the manufacturing team. The candidate will also be responsible for developing test procedures and creating electronic test boxes and fixtures. The role will have ownership of technical evaluation and troubleshooting for the RMA process and perform general testing of products when needed. This position is very hands on and will require the candidate to prototype and build electronic circuits and then package them as clean deliverable solutions.
It is desired that the candidate for this role have experience with FPGA and microcontroller programming as well as interfacing electronics through communication protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, and Serial over Ethernet. The candidate must be experienced in a wide variety of Electrical Engineering capabilities including circuit design, coding, reverse engineering, testing, troubleshooting, and manufacturing.
This position requires the individual to be well-organized, a self-starter, and able to multi-task with good verbal and written communications skills. The engineer will utilize previous experience using electronic test equipment, soldering irons, hand and small tools, read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions.
- Design and document electronics for the Displays business units
- Design simple to complex circuits to support product needs
- Design and document electronic test boxes for the Display business unit
- Reverse engineer and document legacy test boxes
- Work with suppliers and provide technical guidance to manufacture circuit assemblies
- Fabricate prototypes for proof of concepts
- Create technical documentation and users manuals
- Assign part numbers for drawings, BOMs, and documents
- Generate and process Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Prepare, incorporate and process Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Support and troubleshoot complex RMA failure modes
- Use electronic, hand, power, and pneumatic tools
- Fabricate parts, cables, and test fixtures
- Maintain all work related equipment, controller boards, LED Drivers, test fixtures, etc.
- BS Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering (or equivalent degree)
- Minimum of ten (10) years of hands-on experience with design of electronics
- Understanding and application of both digital and analog circuit design
- Mid to expert level experience with microcontrollers and programming (at a minimum, be versed in using an Arduino)
- Experience with FPGAs is a plus
- Experience with C/C++ and Python Programming Language is a plus
- Proficient at reading and creating electrical schematics and PCB layouts
- Ability to use basic electronic test equipment such as power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.
- Ability to solder and use prototyping tools
- Experience with Mentor PADS Schematic and Layout software a plus
- Experience in the Military and Aerospace industry with direct experience designing to meet MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, and DO-160 is greatly desired
- Effective written/verbal communication skills and computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have US person status for this position.
[Pursuant to EAR and the ITAR, U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship; or any individual who is granted U.S. permanent resident (“Green Card” holder); or any individual who is granted status as a “protected person” under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).]