The quality engineer will support the daily operation of the Quality System of the organization. Will respond to internal and external customer complaints and lead root cause analysis and corrective actions. Interprets and executes policies and procedures and provides modifications to operating processes. The quality engineer will lead supplier activities related to vendor approval, audits and quality. Establishes new test and inspection strategies. The quality engineer is also responsible to develop and execute environmental and EMI tests either internally or coordinate activities with outside laboratories. The quality engineer is responsible to establish and maintain relationship with outside failure analysis laboratories.
- Support the quality control department; provide daily, hands-on support to the QC and Production departments in accurately applying the specification and drawing requirements to the products, purchased or manufactured.
- Work with suppliers to improve quality and OTD, assign SCAR to implement permanent corrective action and maintain good traceability on improvements.
- Support and maintain corrective action system. Coordinate timely completion of CAR and verify and validate efficiency.
- Review NCR and coordinate MRB for disposition
- Perform and assist others in reviewing and completing first article inspection reports
- Maintain and implements calibration schedule and control.
- Maintain AVL and supplier approval process
- Support implementation and phase in of product changes at ECO meetings
- Establish appropriate inspection and test methods required to ensure the quality of the products.
- Provides leadership in supplier quality, in-process quality and efficiency improvement efforts.
- Assist with quality system audits and documentation
- You must have five years of on-the-job experience in Quality control.
- A minimum of three years in a decision-making position related to the authority to define, execute, or control projects/processes and to be responsible for the outcome is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechannical Engineering or Materials Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience and excellent understanding of complex mechanical drawing and mechanical inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of military specifications and aerospace lighting specifications and Qualification testing, DO-160, MIL-TSD-810 and MIL-STD-461
- Experience in setting and operating thermal chamber, altitude chamber, vibration tables.
- Good understanding of AS9100 or ISO9000 Quality Standard.
- Knowledge of Statistical techniques, PFEMA, DOE, SPC, Six Sigma and continuous improvement tools.
- Effective written/verbal communication skills; computing skills (Windows, Microsoft Office)
Competence & attitude requirements:
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team
- Positive and Professional attitude
- Results oriented, ability to work under pressure
- May have to travel